[Getdp] Electromagnetic 3D model - Crash info (bug?)

Lucas heitzmann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:27:20 CEST 2008

Thanks for the answer, Lars! That solved the problem.

That's right, I'm starting to work with 3D photonic crystal structures and I
believe GetDP is
general enough to allow me to produce the band diagrams.
However I'm not sure how to formulate the problem.
Since you are also working around the same subject, could you point me in
the right direction?

Constraint {
   { Name BoundCond; Type Link;
     Case {
       { Region fxp; RegionRef fxm; Coefficient Complex[Cos[kx*ax],
-Sin[kx*ax]]; Function Vector[$X-ax,$Y,$Z]; }
       { Region fyp; RegionRef fym; Coefficient Complex[Cos[ky*ay],
-Sin[ky*ay]]; Function Vector[$X,$Y-ay,$Z]; }
       { Region fzp; RegionRef fzm; Coefficient Complex[Cos[kz*az],
-Sin[kz*az]]; Function Vector[$X,$Y,$Z-az]; }
     }
   }
}

FunctionSpace {
  { Name Curl_3D; Type Form1;
    BasisFunction {
      { Name W1; NameOfCoef e1; Function BF_Edge; Support Domain; Entity
EdgesOf[All]; }
    }
    Constraint {
      { NameOfCoef e1; EntityType EdgesOf; NameOfConstraint BoundCond; }
    }
  }
}

Formulation {
  { Name EMW_3D_Eigen; Type FemEquation;
    Quantity {
      { Name e; Type Local; NameOfSpace Curl_3D; }
    }
    Equation {
      Galerkin { [ -Dof{Curl e} , {Curl e} ];
                 In Domain; Jacobian JVol; Integration I2; }
      Galerkin { DtDt [ mu[] * eps[] * Dof{e} , {e} ];
                 In Domain; Jacobian JVol; Integration I2; }
    }
  }
}

Thank you for your help,
Lucas

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Lars Rindorf <Lars.Rindorf at teknologisk.dk>
wrote:

> Hi Lucas
>
> You need to tell getdp the specific name of your domain. I.e. you should
set
> Group {
>   Domain = Region[4000];
> }
> instead of
> Group {
>   Domain = Region[All];
> }
>
> I'm also working on 3D electromagnetic bloch simulations, and I can help
you if have questions.

> Are you work on band structure calc of photonic crystals?
>
> Kind regards
> Lars

Lucas