Problem with gmsh-bin-linux.gz

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Aug 18 11:32:05 CEST 1999

Mark Spink wrote:

> The file does not appear to be a gzip or zip file!
>
> bash$ gunzip -l gmsh-bin-linux.gz
>
> gunzip: gmsh-bin-linux.gz: not in gzip format

What's the size of 'gmsh-bin-linux.gz' file ? If it is 7144387 bytes,
then your browser probably uncompressed the file automatically, and
'gmsh-bin-linux.gz' is the executable...

> Do you plan to make the source available and allow
> contributions?

Nearly everything in the code has been rewritten since last year (the
versions available on the web site are quite old, now...). We plan to
put a new version on the web in september/october, and are thinking
about providing the sources (the final decision is not taken yet).

Best regards,

--
Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: +32-(0)4-366.37.10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be