Some files from GMSH demos

Makky S. Jaya jaya at iag.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 20 12:31:14 CET 2000

Dear All,

First, let me express my gratitude to both of you for your
effort to purnish your mesh generator software GMSH. I
believe, this new version will find many attractive users
in academic and industry community in particularly those
who are working with mesh.

Second, for your interest I would like to tell you that
I have already installed the binary code for PC running
Linux. The Linux distribution from Suse 6.3 with Kernel
2.2.* was used. The MesaGLU/T library is of version 3.0.
(that's why I linked as to libGLU/T.so.1.0 as the
gmsh-Linux requires them)

I have tested many bulit-in functions of GMSH, and to
my satisfy it worked very nice. Just as I wanted to work
with the post-processing tool (p), there was a report
that "load view is not available", and there were no
sub menus for this post-processing tool just like the
geometry (g) and mesh (m) tools.

As I saved it with the default mesh format (msh), the
produced mesh file contained no information about
node connectivity of a cell (element).

Third, today I want to download the gzipped demo files
in your address:

  http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine/gmsh.html

but it seems I have no right to access this file.

Let me hear from you again.
Yours,
Makky

--
Office:
Institute for Aerodynamics and Gasdynamics [IAG]

Private:
Edelsheimstr. 5
D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)721 966-4996