[Gmsh] how to mesh 3d object into tetrahedrals and import the result into impact?

Alexander Rabtchevich alexander.v.rabtchevich at iaph.bas-net.by
Sat May 12 18:57:37 CEST 2007

I've been trying to mesh 3d solid and import the result into Impact with
no success.

Is it possible to mesh a body with tetrahedral, using Gmsh? When I try
to mesh 3d with 1-st order element, the result if inspected consists
from triangles with 2 dimensions and g=0. When I try 2-nd order, the
result appears to have 10-nodes elements and so on.

When I try to import the *.msh into the Impact, it complains for the
absence of material definitions. I've tried 1.0 format with and w/o
"Save all" option, but it does not help.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich