[Gmsh] how to remiss STL file with Gmsh 4.2.1?

zxiong at sas.upenn.edu zxiong at sas.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 21 20:03:37 CET 2019

Dear all,

I am trying to remesh a STL file with Gmsh 4.2.1. I follow the instruction
from these two web page:
http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2015/009896.html
http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2011/006901.html
But Gmsh told me that ' Compounds entities are deprecated: use Compound
meshing constraints instead'. I am new to Gmsh and I don't know how to deal
with it.

By the way, I am using OS X(Mac) and I don't know how to run the command
'gmsh -2 remesh.geo' as those two web pages said, I just create a new file
and edit script and reload it. I tried to use command line to run the
command 'gmsh -2 remiss.geo' but the terminal tells me that no command is
called 'gmsh'.

I attached the stl file I want to remesh.

Could you tell me the whole procedure to remesh it? Many thanks!

Best,

Zhen